Since its genesis ten years ago, Professional Women in Healthcare has seen remarkable growth and positively impacted the medical products industry. Our membership is involved, enthusiastic, focused on excellence, and willing to invest in themselves.Our leadership is dedicated to fostering mentoring relationships, supporting the current business leaders in our industry and developing the next generation of leaders, as well as being a cornerstone for diversity in healthcare's business arena.
Professional Women in Healthcare (PWH) is a member organization providing a national voice and progressive leadership for women. Our mission is to empower women to lead and succeed. Our vision is a health care industry equally led by women. Our main objective is to empower women through representation.
PWH believes in empowerment through representation. By helping to distribute power and influence more equally among men and women in healthcare, particularly among those who make decisions about how the supply chain works, PWH can help improve the healthcare industry. More balanced leadership will enable us to better serve all of our audiences, including our customers, their patients, and our employees by empowering them.
Empowering Our Customers:
Empowering Our Workforce:
- By looking more like our customers we can enhance those relationships.
- About 50% of all graduating physicians are women according to the Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA).
- The number of females in the healthcare supply chain does not reflect what has happened in recent on the provider side of the industry according to the Academy College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
- Attaining a more gender-balanced workforce will help everyone in the industry be more effective at every level within the industry
- The competitiveness of individual companies and organizations in the industry will be strengthened
- Increasing the industry's competitiveness will result in better products and services.
- In order to achieve more equal representation and influence between the genders in this industry, PWH empowers women professionally and personally to prepare them for positions of leadership.
- Once women step into leadership roles, PWH helps them perform at their best and succeed.
- Members are given numerous professional and personal development opportunities through various venues, including national events, regional activities and remote education programs.
- PWH offers members a valuable network of industry men and women who can mentor Members.